The advance payment Assistance Program (DPAP) assists Nova Scotians with modest incomes who pre-qualify for the insured home loan to buy their very first house.
You may be right here
Qualified individuals can use to get an interest-free loan that is repayable of to five percent of this purchase cost of a property.
- The purchase cost of the house might not surpass $280,000 when you look at the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) and $150,000 within the other countries in the province.
- Individuals need good credit and get pre-approved for an insured home loan by an established standard bank.
- The following criteria must be met: for an applicant to be eligible for the assistance
- The home is with in Nova Scotia
- The applicant is just a home buyer that is first-time
- The applicant doesn’t have the ability that is financial spend 5% for the purchase cost of the home without support associated with system.
- The applicant is pre-approved for an insured home loan by an accepted lender
- The applicant has a satisfactory credit history
- The applicant has evaluated the material that is educational first-time house purchasers supplied by Housing Nova Scotia (see below)
- The applicant’s total household earnings is significantly less than $75,000
- The applicant is a Canadian resident or has resident status that is permanent
- The applicant has resided in Nova Scotia for at the least one year
- The bought property should be the applicant’s principal residence; rental properties, regular and leisure properties are not qualified.
- Cellphone domiciles meet the criteria as long as these are generally forever affixed to a house owned by the applicant.
- The loans are interest-free and generally are repayable over a decade. Individuals may waive their re payments when you look at the first 12 months.